1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reports - how much input should a HT have?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by suziemack, Jun 4, 2012.

1. I'm asking this question as I have recently submitted end of year reports for my class to my HT for signing etc. She has altered virtually every one of them, including incorrectly changing the spelling of a child's name throughout the report, adding in statements that have not been proof-read properly, pointlessly changing my wording, in other places altering my meaning or inference, and adding entirely insupportable statements in several cases. I have been writing reports since I qualified 12 years ago and have never come across this degree of micromanagement before. Anyone else experienced this? I have to say it has completely undermined my confidence in myself as a professional!

2. I'm asking this question as I have recently submitted end of year reports for my class to my HT for signing etc. She has altered virtually every one of them, including incorrectly changing the spelling of a child's name throughout the report, adding in statements that have not been proof-read properly, pointlessly changing my wording, in other places altering my meaning or inference, and adding entirely insupportable statements in several cases. I have been writing reports since I qualified 12 years ago and have never come across this degree of micromanagement before. Anyone else experienced this? I have to say it has completely undermined my confidence in myself as a professional!

3. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

I think you have to take this up with your trade union rep as a matter of urgency - it totally undermines your professionalism.
    Usually reports have a comment box at the end for the HT to comment, not in the teachers sections
    I would personally tell her to stop interfering - if she wants to write them herself then she can get on with it