1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reports for SEN children

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Devonsent, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Do you deliver the teaching yourself? Otherwise, it should be up to the class teachers to write the reports themselves. I am also a SENCo but I don't teach the SEN children so I would not be in the best position to comment on the learning.
    I could share the results from reading/spelling age tests and progress on these though as they are collected by me.
  2. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

Likewise, I'm confused... why are you writing the reports? Do you teach them all? You shouldn't have to do that!!!
  3. Hi
    Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you all. the teachers do write the main reports but the old SENCo used to add a section on the end to talk about progress with IEP's etc. I just wondered if this was really necessary.
  4. Do you teach them? If so, I can see the purpose. If not and you have your own class, then no way.