1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reporting to parents

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by TILLYMAY, Aug 11, 2020.

1. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

I'm curious to understand why you have chosen now to raise this issue. I am HOY year 7 and we sent reports at Easter and on 10th July. Government rules state reports must be issued.

agathamorse and install like this.
  2. install

install Star commenter

Good luck. Feel free to PM me @TILLYMAY

I should have said I have years of experience in secondaries. I am quite appalled at some (but not all) of the advice offered elsewhere and one piece I believe from someone who has experience of primary and very little of secondary.

Any suggestion that your child can wait until Yr8 exams is frankly a nonsense in my experience. The School should also have supplied learning materials anyway.

Even so I hope it all turns out well for you and that the HT eventually gives you some indication of your child’s progress, behaviour and attendance from September to at least when the school closed to all students.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  3. install

install Star commenter

I am in complete agreement with your take on this @ACOYEAR8 Its very odd that no other reports were sent.

I wonder if there is a communication problem between the school and home for some reason ( eg wrong address on system). I think the school is in lots of bother if they have no progress data at all.

4. install

install Star commenter

I’m also in agreement with you @littledragon25 There should be some report available. I think that is another very good solution with maybe the HOY asking teachers to feedback to the parent as soon as they can on Yr7.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. install

install Star commenter

I’m in part agreement with you @hhhh I think the school should still give feedback on Yr7 - maybe at the start of Yr8 if they have to.

It doesn’t sound right that no other communication was made since the start of Yr7 - after the initial tests. Every student should have had a feedback report after that.