1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reporting fsp scores to parents

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Superman7, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I find the whole 'reporting numbers to parents' extremely perverse for a 5 year old. As a parent I couldnt care less what 'score' my children received so long as they are polite, enjoy school, are enthusiastic to go to school in the morning and have plenty of friends.

2. We don't share scores with parents, unless they ask. This has only ever happened once in all the years of doing the profiles.
    We write detailed reports at the end of the year, which talk about children's achievements in relation to aspects of the EYFSP.
    Like the previous poster said, most parents want to know how their child is doing in more general terms, behaviour, well-being, basic skills in reading writing and maths. I also make sure it is very much a personal report for each child, so that parents know I'm writing about their child, and not just writing 'a report'.