1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reporting FE Workplace bullying to the TOP

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by paragon, Dec 28, 2018.

1. paragon

paragon New commenter

Hi I endured systematic cabalistic daily bullying while working for an FE college during 2010 - 2012 - I have just had an assessment - yesterday - with a psychologist who says I am and have suffered PTSD because of this very place and certain group of women who treated me appallingly. The HR female staff were also 'friends' with Head of Department, Line Manager and various admin staff so I was not safe to report the bullying anywhere. I only had the assessment yesterday and years of torment exploded in flashbacks. The psychologist was appalled.
    As the cabalistic atmosphere still operates there - the admin assistant rose to the dizzy heights of current head of department - I want to go to the top with my solicitors - the principal didn't know or care what was happening - he was a new broom sweeping clean and just wanted the college to get a grade 1/2 ofsted.
    Who would be the top - over the governors even.
    By the way I was made to feel rubbish and was even threatened with physical violence by this 'now head of department' person.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Have you already consulted your solicitors and instructed them to act for you? If so then you need to follow their advice on how best to proceed and who at the college you contact.

If you haven't consulted solicitors yet it might be better to talk to your union first, but your union will not give legal advice if you have already instructed solicitors.

3. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

You are wasting your time. Nobody knows. Nobody cares. They will simply refute everything you say. Some people have risen to powerful positions. Anyone who could maybe have supported you will have moved on or be unwilling to speak out.
    Sorry to be so negative but I've seen it all before.