1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Report Writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DebbieR, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Hope you are all enjoying the break.
    Just a general question: do you have any specific non-contact time for report writing? Or are you expected to write them in holidays/weekends/after school?
    Are there any guidelines on this, that anyone knows of?
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. We get an extra day tacked onto Whit.

3. One of our staff development days is usually a report writing day. Isn't it also what PPA time is for?

4. I didn't think that was the purpose of PPA.
    We used to get a day of our planned staff training days for report writing too, but not this year.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nopes, nothing at all. Might have no staff meeting one week, but that's it.

6. We got a day last year, but don't usually and won't this year. We are expected to do it in our spare time.

7. smallschool

smallschool New commenter

We usually have a morning out of class and no staff meeting one week. In reality I usually plough through them during May half term, and email them in batches to the head for proof reading and 'heads comment'. I dont find it too hard as we use Classroom monitor for assessments so most of what I need is already in one place. Takes me about 40mins per child.