1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

report writing

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by magmac, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Grammar!!!

2. hurny

hurny New commenter

............and a comma between 'parent' and 'was' would read better!!!

3. zza-zza

zza-zza New commenter

The parent was *an* ex teacher.

4. [​IMG]
    How rude of the parent to hand that back to you! Good to know they categorised themselves outside of the "normal" bracket! Ha ha!!! How did they become an ex-teacher? Are they just having time off to have children or were they sacked???
    My suggestion in future would be to have someone proof read your reports before you send them out. If you word process your reports, the spell and grammar check on there is often very good at picking up simple mistakes.
    As a parent (as well as a teacher), I find it incredibly frustrating if I receive anything written about my children where the grammar, spelling and punctuation is less than adequate. My son's LSA spells "literacy" as "litrucy". It drives me INSANE! but I would never ever send it back to her "marked". Perhaps I should?

5. I'm afraid that I would have been SOOOOOO embarassed if this had happened to me that I would not have wanted anyone else to know!!

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

What is your HT like? I've never worked for one who didn't scrutinize every single report before it went home.