1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Report writing now for end of year???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by collsven, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I too have taken over a class at Easter and had to write the reports based on the childrens books and meagre assessments. I would have greatly appreciated the amount of notes you have made but I would not expect for the reports to have been done already. I know some places pay for a transistion type meeting. If it is the same teacher who left you so little I would have no qualms in not doing more than you already have.

2. Thanks so much for your replies!! I have been really happy at my school, and do not want to leave!! I will continue to work hard, and hope that the returning teacher appreciates the notes and assessments etc done, but I will not be writing them.....unless the head offers to pay me the required number of hours (i would estimate 30, so a full teaching week), to come in and do them after the Summer assessments have been done, but I really think that the teachers teaching the children ie the 2 job share workers should be doin the reports! x

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Like marlin I was un der the impression you were proposing to leave no notes/ grades for the next teacher. If you leave all you've said I would have thought that would be adequate.