1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Report writing in nursery?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pinkang, Jun 7, 2010.

1. pinkang

pinkang New commenter

I was just wondering what others use for their nursery reports. This year we are just using the E profile and generating a report from that for our reception children but Im fighting my corner saying that we should not use report writer for our nursery children, as this seems stupid as some childfren only attend one or two sessions a week. Any formats or info on what u use would be great. Thanks x

2. pinkang

pinkang New commenter

I was just wondering what others use for their nursery reports. This year we are just using the E profile and generating a report from that for our reception children but Im fighting my corner saying that we should not use report writer for our nursery children, as this seems stupid as some childfren only attend one or two sessions a week. Any formats or info on what u use would be great. Thanks x

3. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

well you could use and moderate it adding more personal comments if you want to, I would of thought this would actually have made life easier for you.

4. I would of thought that any system would be fine, providing we are careful with us language.

5. I teach a mixed N/R class and don't use any report writing programme. I assess R against the FSP and use the development matters statements to assess and track N against. We do a big report in Feb, where we identify 'next steps' or targets, then a shorter follow up in June/July to say how they have worked towards or acheived their next steps and set new ones.
    All I did in Feb was a single page report where for each area of learning I identified 'I can...' (what the chn can do, using dev matters as a guide but writing in parent-friendly speak!) and 'Next steps' (what they need to do next.) Then in the summer reports I stated each target that had been set, said whether it had been met or not and set new ones. Then there was a paragraph for general comments.