1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Report statement bank.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by classteacher249, May 5, 2009.

1. Hello, I am looking for a bank of statements to help with report writing. I have searched the primary forum and looks like 'opera diva' had a good bank that she was emailing people in 2008, couldn't see anthing for this year, so am wondering does anyone have a copy of her statement bank, or know of a good one that is anywhere on the net? Tried searching the resources bank to no avail.
    Hope someone can help.
    thankyou.

2. Why isn't your school providing you with the necessary resources to carry out your job?!

3. I tend to create my own comment bank each year, depending on the topics done.
    I create comments based on high, middle and low for each subject as a starting point which I can then adapt, change and amend as necessary. Look at the ATs for each subject, objectives you have used over the year.
    It doesn't take as long as you would think and will be far more personal and relevent to you children.

4. I agree, I usually write between 6-8 comment for Lit, Maths, Science and ICT, ranging from upper ability to lower ability. Then lost of copy and pasting and some small personal changes here are there. Then i just write a top, middle and bottom statement for each foundation subject and copy paste those, making other relevant changes. However my personal social comments are mostly personal to the child.
    I know some might disagree but i don't like report writing programs, must prefer writing my own differentiated comments and adding in things that have happened over the year. It took a long time to do them last year but was pleased as alot of the comments would apply for this year. However.... i then got moved from year 3 to year 5! Gutted.... got to start all over again!

P.S When is everyone starting their reports? I'm gonna get cracking soon! [​IMG]

5. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

Bit radical I know but why now try making your reports individual to your children?! that's what we do at our school, obviously with common elements, but they are so much nicer to read...