1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Replying to private messages

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by TheGingerTeacher, Jan 24, 2016.

1. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

It is probably me being a bit thick... but I cannot seem to reply to private messages. I can read the message but there is no reply button or space to type a response....

With that in mind. Josie, I don't work for TES sorry I just upload resources. I don't really know anything at all about Blendspace I am really not the person to ask sorry. (I hope you don't mind me answering in the forum I honestly am baffled by the message system.)

2. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Thank you Charleei. Yes, it's difficult to reply isn't it? I have come to the conclusion that just doing a document as a PDF and putting it on teachers does the same job as powerpoint, blendspace etc. I guess you can project my work easily onto your screens - but I also put it as a word document in case you need it that way. Thank you Charleei. It will always remain a mystery - your problem and mine I guess.

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Try a post further down about replying to comments and do this:
    'You need a "Conversation" - click on your icon at the top-right of the page.' Good luck.

Charleei likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Charleei

Have you alerted @TES_Rosaline to this problem? You should have a reply box in Conversations that looks just the same as the one in forums.

5. TheGingerTeacher

Marlin, this is what I was expecting but having not used the new message system yet I wondered if it was just me...

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Sounds like you do have a problem @Charleei Are you able to start a conversation from your Conversation page (rather than from someone's pop up profile)?

7. TheGingerTeacher

Yeah I can start new conversations just cannot reply to any sent to me

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Then I think @TES_Rosaline may need to sort out a tech issue here.

Charleei likes this.
  9. languageisheartosay

Sorry - I wasn't very helpful before. I had sent a 'conversation' okay but not having received any messages I hadn't figured out how to reply or continue one. Please let us know when you find out...

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@languageisheartosay do you not have a reply box on your Conversation page - the same as you'd find in the forums?

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I have started a Conversation with you @languageisheartosay

12. languageisheartosay

Things seem to have improved - I do now get a new Reply box on a conversation. How about you, Charleei?

13. TheGingerTeacher

Nope still no reply box. My dashboard appears to have vanished as well.... Do you think I'm selling like crazy and crashed it? (Doubtful, I know, but I can dream)

14. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

No-one's ever started a Conversation with me :(, but I've noticed that there's a checkbox to "lock" the converation so that no-one can reply to it. I wonder if that information is not being used correctly (or the logic is reversed)?

PS. I've just noticed that if you put a sad smiley inside brackets it turns into a happy one outside them - yet another bug!

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Best to alert the mods if you're still having problems @Charleei

@TES_Rosaline
    @TES_Community
    @TES_Tina

16. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hi @Charleei,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the software. Please can you let me know what device and browser you are using?

Also, have you tried to clear the cache? The site works best on Chrome.
    Please let us know if you are still having issues?

17. TES_Community

Thank you for letting us know @JaquesJaquesLiverot.

18. TheGingerTeacher

My dashboard has come back now. I usually give these things a few hours and they get sorted out. Thanks anyway.

19. TES_Community

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Charleei

Do you have a reply box now for conversations?