1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reply slip system

Discussion in 'School trips' started by BelfastAndy, Jul 14, 2016.

1. BelfastAndy

BelfastAndy New commenter

Hello there.

I was wondering does anyone have a system whereby parents don't have to send back a paper reply slip for things like trips?

Just wondering what is out there really.

Thanks for your time.

2. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Yes, I believe one possibility is Google Forms (I think that is what it is called). I haven't created a form myself personally, but a form can be sent out by the school office or a teacher leading a trip etc. Parents fill the form in and click 'submit' to email it back.

3. RichardPThomas_

RichardPThomas_ New commenter

Depending on the nature of the activity depends on the level of consent, for example if it's a visit that is the local area, part of the curriculum and within the school day then consent is not required, however in my view it's good practice to gain blanket consent for activities.

With blanket consent you can send out a form at the start of a year which covers a whole period. Your EVC would be a good person to discuss this with or your LEA advisor.

With regard to systems, eConsent is possible, for example EVOLVE has this feature (depending on how you have this configured). I use EVOLVE and use this to gain eConsent, works well when you have all the parents email addresses.

This document goes into detail about consent...

http://oeapng.info/downloads/download-info/4-3d-consent/

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blanket consents are OK for regular activities such as PE lessons off site. For all other trips we always demand a written consent form on a form we provide. The forms than go on the trip so that emergency numbers and medical conditions can be checked. You can't beat a physical piece of paper. Virtual consents just seem such a faff. Tech will always let you down at the vital moment.