1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Replace the word Gove with Love which really = hate

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by objectiveledcack, Jul 18, 2011.

1. objectiveledcack

objectiveledcack New commenter

Farewell D+T we Gove you so much.
    We Gove the way you as a subject offer so much to the progress of the children you Gove. I can clearly see how you value their options, career choices, and the opportunities they present to work in Govable sectors that can get this nation out of its enourmous debt.
    I am more impressed with the way the the E.Bacc that we as teachers clearly Gove, allows students to be streamlined into E.Bacc subjects that they clearly want to do as the Gove them, allowing schools the chance to push children with lower targets and aspirations to reduce achievment in our subject.
    How nice for those students who are high achievers to show their Gove of the three subjects they can chose from in their options. And if they choose technology they can have a meeting with staff that they Gove who will help to change their minds.
    I Gove the decisions this government are making regarding Design and Technology. It shows such good joined up thinking to see Mr Cameron on the news weekly stating the importance of Designers and Manufacturing, but to know how the Education Minister has no place for a grass roots curriculum that enbraces the skills and creative thinking of all.

2. objectiveledcack

objectiveledcack New commenter

Farewell D+T we Gove you so much.
    We Gove the way you as a subject offer so much to the progress of the children you Gove. I can clearly see how you value their options, career choices, and the opportunities they present to work in Govable sectors that can get this nation out of its enourmous debt.
    I am more impressed with the way the the E.Bacc that we as teachers clearly Gove, allows students to be streamlined into E.Bacc subjects that they clearly want to do as the Gove them, allowing schools the chance to push children with lower targets and aspirations to reduce achievment in our subject.
    How nice for those students who are high achievers to show their Gove of the three subjects they can chose from in their options. And if they choose technology they can have a meeting with staff that they Gove who will help to change their minds.
    I Gove the decisions this government are making regarding Design and Technology. It shows such good joined up thinking to see Mr Cameron on the news weekly stating the importance of Designers and Manufacturing, but to know how the Education Minister has no place for a grass roots curriculum that enbraces the skills and creative thinking of all.

3. What do you expect from a man that tries to implement parts of the Finnish Model into the White Paper and expects it to work? You can't expect 60 years of creating an education economy to work out of context, the same way as you can't expect the E.Bacc to create all of our future professionals. When the shortage of designers and engineers hits industry in a couple of years, I'm sure our global competitors will pick up our slack! In Gove we trust.