1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Renewed framework maths planning - daily plans anywhere? Think I'm dying under weight of planning...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emmascakes, Oct 1, 2007.

1. I'm trying to plan some maths for my year 3 year group. We have medium term plans as written by our LEA but can't find anyone/anything that has produced a weekly/daily plan. Hamilton hasn't got anything about the renewed framework up yet, I've searched this forum and have looked at bookshops.

Please could some samaritainly kind soul please please help me here by pointing me at some wonderful resource to help me. Our school won't buy a scheme and it's just taken me three hours to plan, find resources and activites for two bl***y days which can't be right - there must be some help out there!

2. I'm trying to plan some maths for my year 3 year group. We have medium term plans as written by our LEA but can't find anyone/anything that has produced a weekly/daily plan. Hamilton hasn't got anything about the renewed framework up yet, I've searched this forum and have looked at bookshops.

Please could some samaritainly kind soul please please help me here by pointing me at some wonderful resource to help me. Our school won't buy a scheme and it's just taken me three hours to plan, find resources and activites for two bl***y days which can't be right - there must be some help out there!

3. My schools right in the swing of the new framework. We've been doing it since last term. Post your email, and I'll send you a weekly plan.

4. I've just looked at Block A Unit 1 for Y5 and it's 53 pages for two weeks. This is far too much paper surely.

5. leave me your email nixi. I have something to share.

6. Just wanted to say cumbria plans have so far been the best thing I've seen. Was also struggling to get planning done and be happy with it. But really took the time to look at it over the weekend and picked out activities I thought would work well, tryting to use planning outline grids Operadiva has done (early years forum). This week is the first week I've been happy with my planning this year!!!!

I did print out activites from cumbria site but you could just save them on your computer.

7. Unfortunately this isn't downloadable...but... i bought the new scholastic 100 maths framework lessons and so far so good! it's got outlines of lesson plans and come with a CD-Rom with IWB resources as well as printable/photocopiable resources. It's about £30 though. My Y6 teacher also uses it - we both rate it very highly. Hope that helps.

8. Thanks tired teacher, have e-mailed you

9. colorado

colorado New commenter

Is anyone else struggling to fit all of the objectives into the block - I already feel way behind!! I wish the people who rewrite these things would remember that primary kids tend to forget a lot of what they were taught before the summer holidays, and need breaking back in to the routines of school before being hit with intensive maths objectives. Rant over.

10. I think Click Teaching have done the new Maths planning to fit the framework. It's expensive but looks good I downloaded a lot of their yesterday and it seemed to have done weekly plans as 'Unit 'B' or whatever then in different word docs 'week 1' 'week 2' etc.

11. does anyone else recommend the click teaching- am looking intoit. finalyearstudent- does the annual fee cover use of all subject planning and resources? have you used it for the maths? would like to hear some more opinions on thisX

12. the annual fee covers everything for all subjects, all resources along with plans, work sheets, powerpoints and interactive board stuff.

13. i have ordered scholastic new maths framework 100 lessons. im wondering if that will be enough as it also comes with CD rom/sheets/resources.

14. Hi, i'm in the same position as you. My school uses Abcus for Maths but this year we've been told we can't use it anymore. I also in a sticky situation which one to go for?

15. I got 100 new framework maths lessons and i think it is amazing! There are differnetiated sheets for each lesson. It makes breaking up the LO really easy and has exciting interesting ideas, better than click teaching in my opinion anyway!

16. I have to admit, I find the 100 Maths Lessons don't really engage my class, and the activities don't often fill a whole lesson. Therefore I just tend to dip into it every now and then. I've subscribed to Click Teaching though and am very impressed with what they offer, in Maths and across the curriculum. It was definitely worth the money, in my opinion...

17. Is clickteaching just £20 a year and that is al you pay? Plus you can access everything? Or is it a bit like hamilton with lots of hidden costs etc etc

18. hello

anyone know link to Cumbria website?

thanks

:)