1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Renaming things

Discussion in 'Personal' started by l0vaduck, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Rich Tea biscuits. They're not rich (though they do go with tea). Should just be called "Plain".

Nice biscuits. There are much nicer ones. I'm not sure what Nice biscuits should be called, maybe "coconut thins".

2. We've always called this bread "giraffe bread" in our house - it does look much more like a giraffe than a tiger - they probably wouldn't have paid any attention to me though.

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

While recently browsing the frozen food section of the supermarket, I came across something called '***'. Worse still was the name of the manufacturer. I think it was Mr Brain's??
    A foodstuff named 'Mr Brain's ***' definitely needs to be renamed! No idea what it is but it certainly sounds [​IMG]

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh my goodness, fa.ggots has been filtered!
    I rest my case [​IMG]

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

*** are delicious. Mr Brains'*** are Ok but when I lived in Bristol 30odd years ago I used to buy real butcher's *** in the St Nicholas market - they were gorgeous!

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I always wonder how they get away with 'Thick Irish sausages'!

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Once I did some Q&As with American high school students and they asked me about British food! I told them about Bangers and Mash, mushy peas, toad in the hole etc but when I mentioned Faggots and Peas their jaws dropped. That is a banned word in their schools and to hear me say it genuinly shocked them. For tartetatins benefit they are a type of meatball.

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I suggest they rename 'Sainsbury's Basics Mince' as 'Sainsbury's Basics Mince plus a 25% price rise'.

Do they still sell Spotted Dick?

9. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Re ***, thanks for the explanation, blazer [​IMG]