1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Removing passwords on an iMAC

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by daisyhorse, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Can someone tell me how to remove my passwords from an iMAC please. I have an iMAC which I need to return to school and have automatic login for a few website I visit. I can't remember how to delete them

Thanks

2. Can someone tell me how to remove my passwords from an iMAC please. I have an iMAC which I need to return to school and have automatic login for a few website I visit. I can't remember how to delete them

Thanks

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

I'd do a complete reinstall of entire OS to be on the safe side. Ask tech support to do this (they should anyway).
    HTH

4. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

I presume you mean browser passwords - you can delete these , there's probably an option in which ever browser you use to erase all history and passwords, but DEmsley is right in that can be undeleted.
    If you look there maybe a freeware iMac app to effectively 'really erase' -when you erase a file you often just remove a marker for it in the directory but don't actually 'erase' the bit of the disk where it is stored, so you can often reclaim it back.