1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Removing kids from roll when PLASC is done

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by blackdog99, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Well, if they are "off roll" there will be no funding for them.

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

This school is an academy. I wish Gove was reading this. Where is the regulation?

3. How do you know the school is an academy?

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Because this is also posted on the Primary forum and I read it.

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Nope, sorry, it's in 'workplace dilemmas'

6. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

I'm so sorry but this kind of practise really does my nut in!!!
    Removing children from PLASC so that it alters VA??? Would it, the minute you put them back on surely the data and tracking is still there centrally - I know this as we've taken on children who's previous schools have suggested that a child is Level 3 at KS1 and yet can't actually write a sentence when they join us in Year 5!!! Their data follows them? Surely, the only disadvatage of not putting a child on PLASC is that the funding would be lower???
    WHat advantage to each child is this.... I think HT who do this have really lost their way. I've been told of a HT who removes all her SEN children from SATs registers and talks her children through SATs papers before they sit them - all for the sake of good results.
    Absence - we use all codes correctly - include unauthorised for unauthorised. What is B again?
    Rant, rant, rant... why are some peopel so dishonest?

7. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

Sorry - tired - "whose"