1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Remote Learning Tips

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by cactusqueen, Mar 7, 2020.

1. cactusqueen

cactusqueen New commenter

So as of tomorrow schools in the UAE are closed to train staff and then we are all going virtual. I have to admit, this worries me. I thought this thread might be useful for anyone else in this situation to share ideas of how to survive this or just rant about the difficulties of getting students to engage, keep up with the marking and planning or any other quirks that come from this new situation.
    Also calling any Italian or Chinese based teachers who have been doing this already on their experiences.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have been experimenting with Google Classroom. It is not too difficult. Zoom is also very popular with some of the teachers at my school, probably because you can turn off the audio feedback from individual students!

DocShew likes this.
  3. DocShew

DocShew New commenter

Adobe Classroom too.

4. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

There’s a wonderful Facebook group created for educators who are from closed schools. They’re sharing resources and support. Check it out if you can. Educator temporary school closure for online learning - is the name of the group. They have over 6,000 members.

desertestrella7 likes this.
  5. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Adobe Classroom? Never heard of that one.

We're doing a bit of prep. I've been exploring Screencastify, Zoom, Google Meet, Hangouts and FlipGrid. Great learning experience.

6. shazzamac

shazzamac New commenter

Just accept that you can't make all the kids engage! It's not your fault and every family has their own situation which you might not be aware of
    Try your best.
    We sent messages to parents to say we hoped everything was OK since we hadn't seen their child online that week, and was there anything we could do to help. At least 2 parents told us that their kids had told them they had done all the work!! Lol. So they are monitoring them more closely now! You would think they were already since they are only 8 or 9 years old, but I guess not!