1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Remote Interview

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by HarperGee83, Apr 4, 2020.

1. HarperGee83

HarperGee83 New commenter

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which sub section it belonged in.

I have a remote interview coming up, the school asked that I download the Teams app to my laptop to facilitate this. I already have Teams on my laptop but it is linked to my current school email address. I tried to sign in using my personal email address but it then tells me that my school or organisation needs to join.
    I think Skype is the obvious answer here. However, I don't want to email the school suggesting this, if there is something I am missing with Teams.

Is there a way to uses Teams with a non-school email address?

Many thanks.

2. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Established commenter

I'm sorry I can't help you with the technical side as we don't use Teams

Might I ask, is it an application for abroad, or a UK school?

3. Thorntonsj

Thorntonsj New commenter

Hi, Sadly...I can help. Teams is super easy to use, for the kids, but a nightmare to set up. So, as a harassed tutor, I spent too many days riddling it all out. Hope this helps: take a note of your current username & passwords; sign out of your current account; log in to the new one - voila! A word of caution! You may end up with two versions, or more, of Microsoft 365. It can cause clashes. If it causes problems, go to your 'start' menu, settings, accounts & school/work account. Select account you want to work with. Your email browser, Teams are linked within one account. It's depressing! I think we all know way too much about this. Good luck

HarperGee83 likes this.
  4. Thorntonsj

Thorntonsj New commenter

Should have said 'sign out' of your current account in the Teams app.

HarperGee83 likes this.
  5. Thorntonsj

Thorntonsj New commenter

Oh & if you want to just use a regular email, not an account provided by the school interviewing you, they need to add you as a 'guest.' Perhaps they already have? You get reduced access with this option, but the video conferencing will work. Perhaps, check which option they are using.

HarperGee83 likes this.