1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

remembrance songs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sparklepig2002, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

could any one recommend any remembrance songs suitable to use with ks1?
    thank you

2. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

We have in the past sung Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream, but I'm not sure how suitable it is for KS1.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Think of a world without any flowers - Come and Praise (BBC)
    Peace is flowing like a river - Come and Praise (BBC)
    Where have all the flowers gone? - Alleluya!: 77 Songs for Thinking People (A&C Black)
    There is also a song called We Will Remember in the Out Of the Ark Songs for Every Occasion
    http://www.outoftheark.co.uk/products/seasonal-songbooks/songs-for-every-occasion.html
    You can listen to an audio sample on the site. I don't know the song - it may be more suited to KS2.

4. The Out of the Ark song is very simple. The words are:

Spare a thought on this occasion,

For those who fought and died in the war,

Years have passed and time has (argh, forgotten this word - time has forgotten?)

But we will remember the (memory fails again - I think it's we will remember the soldiers once more, but it might be slightly different!)

Sorry for my terrible memory, but the verse is sung twice, with an instrumental break in the middle for reflection. It's a moving song.