1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Relocation to India...advice urgently needed!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gbee1981, May 5, 2011.

1. I hope someone can help....really need some advice or a shove in the right direction. I am currently an assistant head in the U.K and will have to relocate to Mumbai soon as my partner has been offered a job there. I want to continue teaching as the move will not be permanent and I will return to U.K in 2 years time. How and where do I look for a job (I'm thinking of international schools)? There is nothing in the TES and ‘Monster jobs.india’ hasn't brought much luck. When is the best time of year to look? A job is all I am after, accommodation is not an issue. Have searched the forums but most entries are around 2007 and did not have much info. If anyone can help, very much appreciated. Thank you!!

2. I hope someone can help....really need some advice or a shove in the right direction. I am currently an assistant head in the U.K and will have to relocate to Mumbai soon as my partner has been offered a job there. I want to continue teaching as the move will not be permanent and I will return to U.K in 2 years time. How and where do I look for a job (I'm thinking of international schools)? There is nothing in the TES and ‘Monster jobs.india’ hasn't brought much luck. When is the best time of year to look? A job is all I am after, accommodation is not an issue. Have searched the forums but most entries are around 2007 and did not have much info. If anyone can help, very much appreciated. Thank you!!

3. msnessy

msnessy New commenter

Try Global Educators. They're an American based company but they're currently recruiting staff for new schools that are being built in India.

4. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Can't help on the job front, but I hope you have been to India and preferably Mumbai itself before. Just got back from a trip there (my first) and the level of poverty next to wealth was shocking. Add to that the begging kids and the slums that seem to be everywhere and I found it fairly depressing.

5. Before looking for, or accepting, any job at an overseas school, I strongly suggest subscribing to the International Schools Review website (www.internationalschoolsreview.com). It costs US$29 for one year, and it contains essential information, written by teachers for teachers, about most of the schools on the international circuit.
    I myself am a HOD at a school in Dubai, and I really, really wish that I knew about this website before leaving the UK. It is an investment you will not regret.
    Good luck.