1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Relocation, supply teaching and a loss of confidence

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by guider, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Just thought some people might be able to offer me some advice ...have just relocated to Wiltshire and I am on the supply list.(whilst applying for jobs and being told I'm too expensive), Ihave just got my first 2 and a half days:) with year 2 and 3. I have taught all ages (15 years experience) and my recent experience has been in EYFS - have had bad experience with bullying in my last school which has left me feeling very under confident and although I've been out of the classroom for only 2 months I feel that I have forgotten everything. I'm sure I'll be fine ...but still have this feeling . Is there anything I can do to help...any tips gratefully received...please. :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You'll be fine once you're in the classroom- you won't have time to be nervous, you'll be so busy! All that experience will all come flooding back. When I haven't been in the classroom for a while I get nervous too!

3. Thanks..I'm sure it will....[​IMG]

4. Thanks everybody, for your advice. I'm sure once tomorrow is over I will wonder what on earth I was worried about. Will keep you posted.:)

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

There must be hindreds, if not thousands, of teachers who say just that towards the end of the summer break!
    You'll be fine. Just go in treating each day of a new booking as the first day of a new job.