1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

relocating and shipping my items to Israel

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by opigez1358, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I was just offered a job at Haifa University which is quite tempting but I am not sure as far as relocating there. I want to ship all my belongings and car so I don't need to to go to hassle when there. I find some information here:
    https://usgshipping.com/asia/shipping-to-middle-east/shipping-to-israel-from-usa
    It seems there are so many rules and regulations for such and I am not sure if by any chance someone in this forum knows anything as far as Customs regulation in Israel?

2. LCass

LCass New commenter

Most countries will have a long list of forbidden or restricted items, we tend not to pack those as it just can cause too much hassle. If you can store some of your stuff, I would recommend doing that. Does the university pay your relocation cost at all?
    As to the car, most of the Middle East countries have gulf spec cars that can handle the extreme heat in the summer better. It might be worth checking if Israel has that variation, too. Your car might not last long otherwise.