1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religious Identity Passport and What's in a Name

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Jun 20, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi guys, responding to a pm about Identity passport, there are 4 pages. The cover is symbols of the main religions and world views. Page two depends on the age / background / ability / behaviour of the group. There are several different topics I have used. One relates to what your name means. That's quite a good one for year 6 or 7 but needs more than one lesson as for homework the pupils need to research the meaning of their name etc.

It's a great activity to use with year 7 at the beginning of Autumn Term so I have uploaded an outline of it.

One other thing - do you remember before Christmas I uploaded some songs that my sister (who lives in the Shetland Islands and teaches primary) has written over the years. I uploaded a 'taster' of the songs themselves and the lyrics. they've been downloaded quite a lot and some lyrics favourited - but nobody has made any enquiries for me to pass on to my sister in order to buy the CD - so naturally she is not 'well pleased.' I guess she is uneasy about anyone making use of them in a way that threatens her ownership/copyright

My sister is preparing a book which includes the music and lyrics to go with the cassette of these songs, This may be ready for the coming Christmas, so she has asked me to take them off this site.

I will do so but not tonight as its late - and probably not tomorrow. so if you would like to check these songs out while they are available, you need to do it soon.

All the best

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Some of the songs from my resources -

? Lyrics for It's Christmas, Get Cracking,

Other
    Viewed 940 times

?
    My shared resource (edit, delete)
    Original song by Jill B 'Here in a blind world'

Other
    Viewed 440 times