1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religious Education Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by KateRitchie, Jan 6, 2016.

1. KateRitchie

KateRitchie New commenter

I know this is a long shot, especially as the Welsh forums seem to have been deserted, but I am looking for current schemes of work for RE (primary).
    I am currently working as a part time PPA teacher at a very small school (3 classes) and I have been asked to teach RE. I was the RE coordinator in my previous role (over 2 years ago) but I no longer have the scheme of work I created. The scheme of work given to me by the school is very dated and not inline with the current curriculum. As the staff is so small, everyone has numerous coordinator responsibilities, which means RE hasn’t been made a priority and the scheme of work hasn’t been updated.
    After much searching online I can only find schemes of work relevant to the English curriculum. If anyone has a current scheme of work using the Welsh guidance I would really appreciate a copy. I’d like to collect as many as possible in order to help me make one suitable for the school I currently work in. I am bilingual so I welcome copies in Welsh too.
    Diolch.

2. NGfLCymru

NGfLCymru Administrator

Hi Kate, there are numerous resources available on Hwb - hwb.wales.gov.uk. Everything on the site is bilingual, and tailored to the welsh curriculum. You should find something to help you out there.

3. KateRitchie

KateRitchie New commenter

Hi, thanks for your reply. There are some great resources on Hwb but so far I haven't come across a whole school, year long scheme of work - only units of work for specific religious themes. Which are great but not what I'm looking for.

4. bethan1984

bethan1984 New commenter

HI Kate,
    I'm not sure that you will still be using/looking at this thread but was just wondering if you had managed to find a scheme for RE in Wales? I am in the proses of trying to improve RE in our school and I am ooking for a scheme but I am struggling to find one.
    Many thanks
    Bethan