1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religious and Moral Education (RME) in primary classroom

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by silverfern76, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas and plans on how they are teaching RME in the primary school in relation to a curriculum for excellence? I'm currently trying to get my planning sorted for this term/year and I've hit a stumbling bloc at RME.

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas and plans on how they are teaching RME in the primary school in relation to a curriculum for excellence? I'm currently trying to get my planning sorted for this term/year and I've hit a stumbling bloc at RME.

Any help would be much appreciated

3. justlookin

justlookin New commenter

Hi, I have written in an RME elemnt into my topics as well as done some cross curric writing. So for the people and place of the 'At School' topic I linked this to relationships and those we can turn to for help. This is the type of thing I think is wanted.
    Also in writing lessons I had pupils write about how we care for ourselves and others, linking in H& W as well. It just depends on what you are teaching and them adjusting it to accomodate how you teach, hitting several Es and Os at the same time. [​IMG]