1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religious and Media Studies Teaching!!! Good or Bad Idea??

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by melc04, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    A little help and advice would be great. Before I begin I would like to say that I have spent hours reading through all these forums on teaching in Scotland and understand the situation in Scotland at the minute in relation to jobs but I am starting from near the beginning so it'll be another 4/5 years before I even qualify but want to know that I'm starting at the right place.
    I have an ordinary degree from a non-uk college in Information Technology with Multimedia. I am going to top-up my degree with The Open University and this is where I need to make a good subject choice.
    While I enjoy Computing it would be the Media Studies section of my degree I would be focusing on and hopefully, eventually teaching. I now want to choose what is the best subject to top-up my degree with?? My first choice would be religious studies and I have looked at courses that I could complete, but am I going down the wrong road with subject choices?? Any advice on a good subject choice would be a great help.
    Also, would there be a demand for Media and Religious Teachers or is the job situation so bad that it doesn't matter what subject you teach, it's bad accross the board??
    I hope this all makes sense and I'm explaining myself right.
    Thanks

2. Hi All,
    A little help and advice would be great. Before I begin I would like to say that I have spent hours reading through all these forums on teaching in Scotland and understand the situation in Scotland at the minute in relation to jobs but I am starting from near the beginning so it'll be another 4/5 years before I even qualify but want to know that I'm starting at the right place.
    I have an ordinary degree from a non-uk college in Information Technology with Multimedia. I am going to top-up my degree with The Open University and this is where I need to make a good subject choice.
    While I enjoy Computing it would be the Media Studies section of my degree I would be focusing on and hopefully, eventually teaching. I now want to choose what is the best subject to top-up my degree with?? My first choice would be religious studies and I have looked at courses that I could complete, but am I going down the wrong road with subject choices?? Any advice on a good subject choice would be a great help.
    Also, would there be a demand for Media and Religious Teachers or is the job situation so bad that it doesn't matter what subject you teach, it's bad accross the board??
    I hope this all makes sense and I'm explaining myself right.
    Thanks