1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

religion

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Jun 5, 2011.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi, can any one tell me what is covered for religion in catholic schools in Early years this term? Our scheme is unavailable.
    Thank you

2. It's the Ascension today (World Communication Day); liturgical colour white.
    Next week is Pentecost; liturgical colour red; children like the story of Pentecost, with the wind, flames appearing, the coming of the Holy Spirit, and all the stuff about speaking in languages, it's a good topic for drama and dance; the disciples start off a bit scared and timid and then the Holy Spirit fills them with courage and wisdom; it's also known as the birthday of the church.
    The following week is the feast of the Holy Trinity; colour white; a good topic is families and the Sign of the Cross.
    The week after that comes Corpus Christi; colour white.
    The scheme I have worked with in the past uses this time of the year to look at different sacraments and celebrations, and in nursery it was weddings with lots of opportunities for role play etc. But don't know if your scheme would be the same.

3. Here I am is freedom/responsibility and then special places.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

What scheme do you use?