1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religion to inspire Catholic Christianity textbooks

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by zoomzoomzoom, Oct 12, 2011.

1. So I'm looking to move to a new textbook. Do any teachers in Catholic school use these? If you do how do you find them?

2. I may be a little biased as I was involved in writing them, but my students are using them and really enjoy them - very active lessons and lots of great questions raised.

3. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

I have the Christianity and Themes to inspiRE title. I must admit, I am more interested in the latter title. If you look at my TES resources, I have used the first Themes to InspiRE to produce a great lesson entitled 'What is a moral dilemma?'. There is some differentiated material - but I found that most groups were really focussed using my question grid. For a couple of weeks, I still heard kids in the halls asking whether or not they would snitch on 'Mrs Franklin'... This was a gem idea that came from the book - and the kids loved the lesson! Obviously, I had to do quite a bit more preparation that just hand out a text book, but I had serious fun putting it together, watching them make their decisions, and giving their reasons!
    M