1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Religion and Citizenship - a plea

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by skoots, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi, I am teaching religion and citizenship (AQA B unit 1) for the first time this year. I will be delivering religion and sport in a few weeks time and have put together a SOW, however, this is heavily based on the AQA textbook. Having had a particularly stressful Autumn Term working well over 60 hours a week, I am 'dried' up in terms of ideas and know the SOW is stale. Does anybody else teach this unit and topic if so, what do you do? Any ideas on how I can spice this up would be gratefully received. Thanks for reading and hopefully sharing your ideas.

2. There are a number of resources on this website I have used these to form my lessons. I can put some up but many are very similar to whats already posted!
    The request website has brilliant Christian resources from Adam Pengilly- a bobsleigher and Linvoy Primus a footballer, including video of of their faith affects their sport.
    For revision consider using some of Cool Runnings as it covers isssues of why people compete, nationality, barriers to sport, prejudice etc.

3. lesley66

lesley66 New commenter

Try the Hodder textbook - it has some nice ideas in it.

4. Thanks for the suggestions will take a closer, am hoping to find some time this weekend!

5. <font size="2">Hi,</font><font size="2">My school have decided they are going to introduce this as a compulsory S/C, which will begin in September. Do you have any resources you can share? I am the only RS teacher in my school and would really appreciate any support that you would be willing to offer.</font><font size="2">Kind regards</font><font size="2">Elle</font>e.sambrook@portchester.hants.sch.uk