1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reliable, quotable, stats pls on number/proportion of female and male primary teachers?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by EcoLady, Feb 26, 2012.

1. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable statistics please that I could quote in a PGCE assignment? It's just to back up a statement that primary teaching is a predominantly female profession.
    Thanks!

2. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable statistics please that I could quote in a PGCE assignment? It's just to back up a statement that primary teaching is a predominantly female profession.
    Thanks!

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Do your own research!!

4. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Thank you Greta. I could quote the figures from the schools I have been in (no men at all in one), but rather wanted a reliable national figure to quote.

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

It's not difficult. I used that stat in my dissertation. Took me about 2 minutes to find.

6. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

At first I thought Greta was just being mean, but actually I have found this figure with a quick google search. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14748273

7. Hi Everybody,
    I am also researching for my studies (BA top up degree).
    I understand what you mean by doing my own research. However, I have read numerous online articles which refer to TDA statistics which I cannot find. This is possibly because the TDA is no more. I have been looking at the Dept. Ed website all morning and cannot find these stats. My University do not want online articles or newspaper reports, they want journals, books and if possible, Government papers etc.
    I doubt the author of this post (and I) are requesting your research - just a gentle nudge (signpost) in the right direction?
    Thanks for reading my reply.
    Mr T.
    {:mad:>