1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Release time questions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by patchesontheelbows, Jun 2, 2011.

1. <font size="2">Might be a bit of an old chesnut but I would be interested to know how much release time people get for different roles.</font> KS1 SATs release
    Thanks,

2. <font size="2">Might be a bit of an old chesnut but I would be interested to know how much release time people get for different roles.</font> KS1 SATs release
    Thanks,

3. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

KS1 SATs release is usually 2 full days at my school.

4. DHT in our school is non teaching.
    SLT get a morning subject release every week.
    Year 2 get 2 days for KS1 moderating.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I'm in a small school so slightly different in that SLT consists of me! I'm also maths/assesment/RE/everything-else-thrown-in leader and get 1 and a half hours per week in total. No one else gets any release time ( Head is literacy leader, the rest are divided between us, I'm science too) and no time to mark any SATs or Optional SATs assessments. We get the odd half day every now and again-maybe twice a year-to sort out files and so on but otherwise we just manage!