1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Relate

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chimp is ma nickname, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I am posting wondering about Relate, my partner and I have numerous difficulties unfortunately splitting is not an option, however it isn't working right now. Does Relate cost anything, we have literally no money!!

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Yes, you'll normally be expected to pay for Relate counselling, though some centres offer subsidised rates. You'd have to contact your local centre to find out about their fees.

3. In Cornwall - council employees - such as teachers get Relate for free. It may be the same elsewhere...

4. If you say splitting is not an option, may I question as to why? You don't need to answer if it is too personal.
    You normally need to pay for Relate, but even if you are not entitled to the rebates available, surely it is worth it?
    If your financial situation is the reason you cannot afford Relate or the reason why you cannot split, then I would advise you to seek advice from the CAB or an IFA - many IFAs will offer your the first session for free. Even if they then request money for subsequent sessions, the fees you pay will help you out of financial quagmire in the future.
    You can also use the counselling facilities your local church provides - if you can cope with that.
    Or book a session with ILS [​IMG] (but pay her, she is a whizz at this kind of stuff though and would talk you through it all).

5. ILS - I hope you are not offended - if so, you can get my post deleted.
    As far as I am aware, you cannot tout for trade on TES, unless on the dire Market Place forum.
    But nothing in the T&Cs says I cannot recommend services I know to be reputable or at least, at my own risk [​IMG]

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

It's fine, CQ: thanks for the compliment. As you rightly say, one isn't allowed to advertise except on Marketplace. [​IMG]

The trouble is that free counselling services in most areas have really long waiting lists. In my area I certainly don't know of any free relationship counselling services.

7. You are not allowed to advertise - but I can recommend you [​IMG]