1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Regulatory Compliance Inspection - what is it exactly?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Charlotte aux fraises, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Charlotte aux fraises

Charlotte aux fraises New commenter

Hi,

I teach in a prep school and we have been told we have a Regulatory Compliance Inspection on Wednesday and Thursday. It is my first year in a private school and I have no clue what it is about. Will the inspectors observe lessons? Is it a bit like Ofsted?

I work part time and I am not in school on a Monday, so I will miss the staff meeting explaining what the inspection is about and what the expectations are for staff.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Charlotte aux fraises likes this.
  3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

It is a check on whether the school has the required systems in place for handling complaints, monitoring health and safety, record keeping, DBS checks on staff, adequate safeguarding policy etc. - more of a concern for the leadership team and chair of governors than teachers in general, although there is usually a little lesson observation included, as well as a check on curriculum plans, etc.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Charlotte aux fraises likes this.
  4. Charlotte aux fraises

Charlotte aux fraises New commenter

5. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

We had one. It's lots of evidence re compliance with all policies and regulations, checking that we do all the things we say we do, looking for evidence of PSHE etc. Lots of talking with Senior Management mainly. We had no observations, but the inspector did have a guided tour and 'popped in' to each classroom - for around 30 seconds. Definitely one for SMT to worry about. Just smile and get on with your day! :)