1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Registration Activities

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by KingKong, Jul 12, 2011.

1. As Head of Sixth Form, my the newly appointed head has decided to re-vamp registration in the sixth form. He wants activities that are appropriate for Year 13s...and to be honest im out of ideas. If anyone out there has any good activities appropriate for a 20 min registration 3 days a week it would be much appreciated.

2. As Head of Sixth Form, my the newly appointed head has decided to re-vamp registration in the sixth form. He wants activities that are appropriate for Year 13s...and to be honest im out of ideas. If anyone out there has any good activities appropriate for a 20 min registration 3 days a week it would be much appreciated.

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

4. We spend time on UCAS and such - you could ask past pupils to come in and talk about their experiences post 19. You could also do some stuff about money management and health and well being. I don't know what your 6th form are likely to go on to do post 19 but I'd bet that some ideas about how to look after themselves as adults would be useful to anyone - you could also have some of the better ones buddy up with lower school kids and start a peer mentor scheme - do charity fundraising projects or have them fundraise for and redesign some of their own facilities.

You could also do a current affairs session or you could turn over one session a week to a nominated student (or two) to run a quiz/awareness session for the rest.