1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reflux nightmare!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by missd208, Apr 25, 2018.

1. missd208

missd208 New commenter

Hi evening all,

Has anyone on here been prescribed rantitidine or gavsicon for infant reflux? My little one has been on gaviscon for reflux for several weeks now and the symptoms settled, however they recently started again so we prescribed rantitidine but seems to make the baby very unsettled particularly during the night, the silent reflux disappears but makes it very painful for the baby to sleep on their back.

Anybody experienced anything similar with rantitidine?

Thanks

2. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Late reply, sorry. Our little one (she’s now 12) was terrible for reflux and used to sleep in a halo of regurgitated milk (used pillow cases as sheets in the crib and every night used every one we had - 9 I think!). She had donperidone (which made no difference) then gaviscon. This did make a different although it didn’t cure it and she went from failing to thrive to gaining weight. She did grow out of it at around 1 when she had more solids.

3. ABCCBA123321

ABCCBA123321 Occasional commenter

My youngest was a dreadful refluxer - the screaming pain aspect was sorted out when we got the diagnosis of a dairy intolerance (which switched her into "happy chucker" reflux instead) and onto neocate but even early weaning (under the supervision of the dietician team) didn't help the reflux - it just made the vomit more interesting.

Think it was over the 1 year mark before she finally outgrew it. My carpet never did recover from the ordeal of being thrown up over with neocate scented puke on a daily basis.

4. bluemat

bluemat New commenter

This might sound a little odd, but try baby massage.

If all else fails, my daughter had this and it passed eventually.

good luck.