1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reflective Diary

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by DOfan, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I did the GTP last year and only reflected on inset training, mentor meetings, etc. However, I do have a section at the end of each lesson plan for writing in what went well and what needs to be improved.

2. I did the GTP with Oxon/Bucks partnership. Pretty much all our evidence came from our weekly reflective commentaries. We had to write some targets for the week and the central training then say what we had learnt and write the relevant standards we felt we had made progress on and note next steps. This was uploaded weekly to their website where we had to click to choose which standards we felt we had met. We could then bring up a nifty little bar chart which showed which standards we had lots of evidence for etc and where our gaps were which then led to the next targets.
    I thought it was great as there was no need to keep lots of files of evidence, just copies of lesson plans, observations and training notes. Lots of people hated writing the commentaries, but I really liked them as it was like offloading the week and writing a diary. It gave such a good focus on the learning, rather than just gathering evidence which has stood me in good stead this year.