1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reflections on life, death, faith and agnosticism

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Dec 29, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

This morning I took just this one article and added some questions and reflections to it. I have uploaded it as a separate resource to explore with yr 9 an older when looking at Islam and pilgrimage in general.

pleased to say Phil Hall has replied to my email and is very happy for me to share his blog material like this.

2. durgamata

For some reason the general Phil Hall blog resource is refusing to open for me. I see some people have viewed it. Did you actually get to see the files? could you download any? I have contacted TES regarding this and hope they will be able to sort it out soon.

3. durgamata

TES got back to me to say they didn't know why it's not registered properly but it hasn't. So they said the only thing I can do is repeat the process. I have given it a new title which is 'articles about life, death, religion and the world' It is still a selection taken from Phil Hall's blog - and he has replied to my email saying it's fine to use them like this - and he would agree with me that he is more of a spiritual aspirant than a agnostic.

I will slowly 'unpick' some of these articles and 'process' them with questions and reflective exercises - as and when I have the time and inspiration. I have done this just for one article so far, the tourist-pilgrimage one - which I have also uploaded separately and within the Five Pillars of Islam resource.

I find these exciting because they are so fresh. insightful, and sincere. I often say to my students that RE is about life, about real people and about them. You can't get RE from a textbook. This is the kind of resource source which is invaluable in making our subject alive and relevant, and encouraging discussion and reflection on important issues.