1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Referred to Occupation Health

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by geologyrocks, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have been referred to Occupational Health becasue of absence. I have had several periods absence this year, the last three have been with tonsilitis. I am going to be off again tomorrow (golf balls in my throat and all that), is there any way I can speed up seeing OH? Also will they help me get the correct treatment? My doc has just had me on antobiotic after antibiotic for a total of 24 weeks.
    Any advice welcome as I don't fully understand OH. It is used as a threat in our school, but I feel I need their support to get my throat fixed.
    Thank you in advance.
    GEO

2. Having been, I found them to be very supportive.
    However, their job is to see what your employer can do to help you get back to work, rather than to question medical opinion. I'd be surprised if there was much they could recommend to do with tonsilitis, unless it is directly caused by your job.
    With regard to the antibiotics I'd suggest asking to see a different doctor and questioning them about your antibiotic issue. (seems an awfully long time!!)
    Good luck x