1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by James_Williams, Nov 15, 2011.

  1. If you feel that the union rep has not resolved the situation then you can contact your union regional office, or if you have been dealing with the regional office, the head office. If the references are inaccurate then they can be challenged legally. I would also contact the teacher support network as they are set up specvifically to help teachers who have haddifficult experiences, suffered from stress and had time off as a result. The website is:
    You need also to explain thne situation to any agency you are with - if you can gain some part timke work and show that the allegations were not a true reflection of your actual work then you could request supportive references from schools where you work to offset the negative one from your NQT school.

Share This Page