1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

references

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by bigpig, Sep 15, 2011.

1. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

As an NQT without any induction completed (qualified a year ago), who should we be putting as referees for agencies and for jobs?
    I am just joining a new agency who say my final placement head won't give me a reference and my agency say I need to have a reference from them to get work.

2. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

As an NQT without any induction completed (qualified a year ago), who should we be putting as referees for agencies and for jobs?
    I am just joining a new agency who say my final placement head won't give me a reference and my agency say I need to have a reference from them to get work.

3. historygrump

historygrump Occasional commenter Forum guide

I would say that you put down the schools you did your placements, if possible, your course tutor/university first and foremost, you may use the agency as a back up at this stage.

4. I had this problem recently when a school I did a long term placement with 2 years ago refused me a reference as it was too long ago. I sent the head an email explaining I didn't have anyone else to ask and he provided one. Have you asked the agency if a reason was given? You could try contacting the head or how about the teacher whose class you took. Have you done any work in the last year?