1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

References

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by pinkflipflop, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Who were your references when you applied for the current job you are in?

2. My previous employer (non-teaching) and my uni tutor. I suppose I do the same but add my current HoD? Most international schools want three references...

3. Oh right. I used my final placement school and uni Tutor, then when applying for my second job it was uni tutor and current school.

4. I suppose I felt that given I'd worked in the education sector for 8 years prior to teaching I wanted to give employers the option to make sure I had been doing what I said I'd been doing.
    I could put final PGCE placement school where I did very well, current HoD and uni tutor?

5. Have you asked your placement school if they are willing to provide a reference if requested?

6. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Normal practice is to put your last or current headteacher as primary referee. It will probably be the HOD who writes the reference or at least provides the content for it, but it should be addressed to the head. You could send a note to the school/HOD informing them that you are applying for jobs.