1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

References - who to put?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by MsHavisham, Oct 13, 2019.

1. MsHavisham

MsHavisham New commenter

Just over a year ago I moved area after 12 years at one school. I then did supply work for one academic year, mostly for one agency and included 5 months at the same school up to July. Due to lack of work I am currently doing Admin in a secondary school office and have been there for 5 weeks. I want to apply for a permanent job. Who should my references be? Original school? Latest teaching school? Agency? Newest admin school?

I am thinking of putting the first two, whilst mentioning my current post in the covering letter.

What does anyone else think?

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Welcome to the forum

Yes, use the first two - the original
    school and last teaching school with the current post in the covering letter.

3. MsHavisham

MsHavisham New commenter

Thanks for replying. It's good to have confirmation. Enjoy your Sunday.

pepper5 likes this.
  4. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

You are welcome.

I am currently looking for a job outside of teaching and know how difficult it is to apply for jobs - whether teaching posts or non-teaching posts.

The problem with looking for a teaching post is ensuring you find a school where the working conditions are excellent.