1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

References sought...

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by msjunior, Mar 15, 2016.

1. msjunior

msjunior New commenter

@TheoGriff

I have applied for a DH position and my current head has been contacted for a reference, but I have not heard anything. Is seeking a reference a step toward inviting for interview, or is it just a matter of procedure, and they do this for everyone?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's impossible to know for definite - but for quite some years, some schools have sought references prior to shortlisting. You might, therefore, still be in the running or you might not.

wanet likes this.
  4. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Was going to say something sililae earlier, but thought that I would leave it for the experts!

5. msjunior

msjunior New commenter

Thank you for your replies - 30 minutes after posting I got invited to interview on Monday! Patience is a virtue, and all that.....

@TheoGriff I have been through all of your advice and will be feverishly working through it over the weekend. Policies printed off, interview questions ready, mind maps and in-tray exercises ready to go. Fingers crossed....

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

We are waiting for the Dear Theo I got that job!

Best wishes