1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reference

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by confused2, Jan 8, 2016.

1. confused2

confused2 New commenter

I am updating my notes ready for when I see a job I would like to apply for. For my second reference I am putting down my retired headteacher (she has agreed). I already have her personal email and phone number, which she gave me a while ago. However, I feel cheeky to ask for her personal home address.

I understand most employers probably do not use the address and prefer to email. However, I wonder if it looks odd to leave the address section blank.

Would it be acceptable on an application form to either put down the school she worked at and a short note suggesting they contact someone there for her former address, suggest they email her for her personal address or leave it blank?

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

If yours is one of a shedload of applications, the selectors aren't going to want to do lots of legwork for you: ask nicely for the postal address in advance.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. confused2

confused2 New commenter

Thanks Skeoch and TheoGriff, that's a good point.

I am working my way through the articles and I am finding them very useful.