1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reference

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Kelloggs, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Kelloggs

Kelloggs New commenter

I resigned at Christmas with a CA and an agreed reference - which is being negotiated as we speak. I resigned because I feel I was being pushed out of my job - nothing I did was right and I was put under the INFORMAL procedures - so I left before it got to the informal stages. The reference states that I was subject to the school's capability procedures - which I feel will now prevent me from ever getting another job. I have NOT agreed to this - I strongly object to it as I feel that the procedures were totally unjustified. Is it normal for this to be part of the reference, considering that it was informal/

2. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

You do NOT have to accept the first version of the reference you are offered. 'Agreed' means just that: you should arrive at a final version with which both parties are happy.
    Your union should be arguing and assisting you in refining the wording of your reference until you are happy.

3. Kelloggs

Kelloggs New commenter

It seems that whomever is adding the bits in wants to stick the knife in - it wasn't in the original draft, then we amended it, and lo and behold, it turns up later. It seems that the council don't want me to work again when as far as I'm concerned I have been bullied.

4. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

You need union/legal advice on this.