1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reference

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Weezy18, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

Hi
    I am on maternity leave and have been since last October. My school appointed a new head in January. We had an acting head (the current deputy) from September - December. I have never 'worked' for the new head and have only met her twice so she can't write my reference as she knows nothing about me really. So do I still put her name down but explain in a covering letter the above and that the deputy (who was acting head) will be writing the reference? The deputy says she will have to write the reference (she is happy to do this)and that I can put her name down as the first referee, but I don't think I can as she is not my employer. I'm sure I was told I had to put the head's name down (which I am happy to do).
    I hope my ramble makes sense!
    Thank you.

2. If it were me, I would use the DHT as your reference, with a short note attached to your application explaining why.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Ask the head to refer any references in your name to the deputy, who should write them, send them to the head and she should put her name at the bottom.

4. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

Great - thank you for your replies.