1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Reference numbers?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by LincsBren, Mar 6, 2010.

  1. Silly question then - where do we find out this number? I'm on a PGCE and the only numbers I'm aware of are the college enrollment number, and the TDA reference number for doing the QTS skills test, which actually relates closely to my college number (and is definitely not in the form 10-12345).
    I have applied for 2 jobs so far and left that part blank, with a note to say awaiting number. I'm just not sure how long we have to wait!
  2. You should be supplied with your TRN from TDA via your uni/training provider. They get these numbers electronically when you are provisionally registered with GTC. So ask your uni!
  3. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    Surely you don't get your DES number (sorry showing my age)/GTC number till you actually qualify. It comes on the little bit of paper from the Government to tell you that you are now a teacher. I've still got mine somewhere.
  4. Sorry Blazer. But from this year PGCEs etc. are provisionally registered with the GTC, so are issued with this number. It is also used to register for the TDA tests. Of course as they brought it in this year and so had to register all the NQTs from last year and all the new PGCEs there were huge delays in issuing them.
  5. bekabeech, I began my 3year course 18mths ago (Sept 08) and we got our provisional registration then, not just PGs this year :)
    OP - ask your uni admin team or whoever is in charge of your course, they will be able to find their record of it or be able to contact GTC for you :)
    Good luck in your job hunt :)

Share This Page