1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Reference help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by shloerx, Apr 24, 2018.

  1. shloerx

    shloerx New commenter

    I am in the process of updating my CV as I am just about to finish maternity leave and am looking for jobs. I have only worked in one school since qualifying as a teacher (supply, PPA cover, one year contract), and I have heard that a full time post may soon be available. How would I go about getting references for my application if this was the case? Can I use the head teacher and deputy head? Or are there other references that may be better suited such as my current Masters tutor.
  2. Lara mfl 05

    Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

    Unless things have changed, but it used to be , because of Child Protection you needed to give your most recent Head as a reference so you would need to contact them and ask them.

    If it were me I'd use someone as second referee who would be able to provide a good knowledge of your most recent experience, so a Maths Tutor may be a possibility.
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    Its expected that your first referee would be your current or last employer. Second reference could be someone who knows you professionally LA adviser, Tutor or mentor.
    Good luck

Share This Page