1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Referees

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Manyjobs, Apr 13, 2011.

1. What do other Supply Teachers do when they need a reference when applying for a contractual job?
    I have been working as a Supply Teacher for a few years now but am thinking of looking for a contract as the Supply work and the Making Good Progress tutoring I have doing are no longer really available.
    Of the two Head Teacher referees I used last time I applied for a job, one, whom I worked for during 2007 to 2008, is happy for me to use him as a reference but the other, whom I worked for during 2008 to 2009, does not think she can provide a reference because it's over 2 years since I worked for her. (Maybe, also, because she has been retired for 2 years).
    I asked the Head where I have regularly been doing the one-to-one tutoring is she would be a referee and she was happy to provide one in principle. However, she feels unable to do so because she hasn't actually observed me teach in class.
    So, how do I go about finding referees?